During the summer of 2020 I visited a Park Home Site in the Totnes and South Devon Constituency following correspondence from several of its residents.
During my visit I was shocked at some of the challenges faced by the residents in terms of inflation of bills, maintenance of the site and the lack of local authority engagement.
Following my visit, I looked carefully at the legislation currently in place for park homeowners, in the form of the Mobile Homes Act 2013. I was surprised at the holes in the legislation and to that end, I am now lobbying Government to ensure not only that the results of the Review of the Park Homes Legislation published on the 1st October 2018 are put into legislation as soon as possible.
To date I have:
- Met with Ministers to discuss the issues faced
- Written to the Secretary of State
- Presented the Minister with a proposal for legislative changes
- Written to other MPs with Park Home sites in their constituencies
- Applied for a Westminster Hall debate on the issue
- Written to Ministers and asked parliamentary questions regarding energy bill support for Park Home residents.