Anthony Mangnall MP
Member of Parliament for Totnes and South Devon
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
As part of our national response to the COVID-19 situation, it is essential that we are all pulling in the same direction, and following the latest scientific advice. This will best protect you, your loved ones and our NHS from this virus. However, I know that these changes do make people’s lives more difficult. To try and help, I’ve set out some of the key guidance and sources of support that are available from Government at this challenging time.
- For the latest NHS advice on distancing, isolating and shielding, go to www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- We have a shortage of ventilators and are calling on any businesses who are able to help produce more. If you can help, please go to www.ventilator.herokuapp.com/ or call 0300 456 3565
- We are making changes to allow recently retired healthcare professionals to return to work and to increase the testing capacity for coronavirus to 25,000 tests per day.
- If you need to self-isolate and your employer requires evidence, you can get an isolation note from NHS 111 online at www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
- DO NOT CALL NHS 111. Go online instead.
- If you are self-employed or on a zero-hours contract, you can apply for Universal Credit.
- Apply online at www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit or contact 0800 328 5644 for more information
- The Government will be providing grants to employers which provide 80% of employee’s salary.
- Go to www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-guidance-for-employees for more information on this scheme.
- The Government is providing a range of support for businesses including business rate relief, deferring tax payments, loans and grants.
- If you are a small business, you could access the £5million Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- More information on how to access the scheme can be found here www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme-cbils/
- If you are a small business or self-employed and need guidance on deferring tax payments, contact HMRC on 0800 015 9559
- All state funded schools are closed until further notice.
- Schooling will still be made available to key workers to enable them to fulfil their essential role in response to coronavirus.
- A full list of those defined as key workers is here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
- For further guidance, please contact 0800 046 8687
I hope this information is useful.
Anthony Mangnall MP