Devon was placed under Tier 3 (Very High Alert) restrictions on 30 December. More information about what this means for residents of Totnes and South Devon can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-3-very-high-alert
Below is a reminder of the economic support available:
Support for jobs:
- Coronavirus Job Retention (furlough) scheme extended until the end of April 2021. The government will cover the cost of 80% of wages for hours not worked.
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme extended until April 2021. A grant covering 80% of average trading profits between November and January 2021 is now available, and a further grant to cover February to April will be introduced in due course.
Support for businesses:
- Grants of up to £3,000 per month for businesses in England forced to close due to national or local restrictions, available via local authorities.
- Grants of up to £2,100 per month for businesses in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors which are not forced to close but are severely impacted by restrictions. Available via local authorities for businesses in Tier 2 and Tier 3 areas.
- Discretionary funding from local authorities to help businesses which are impacted but not closed by restrictions.
Support for local authorities:
- Funding to help with the public health response, to fund activities such as contact tracing, test and trace, and public health communications.
- Funding to help local authorities assist households who are unable to pay council tax, compensate for irrecoverable loss of council tax and business rates, and other additional expenditure arising from coronavirus.