During the five months I spent campaigning last year, one of the topics that came up in almost every conversation was healthcare provision. Whether it was regarding the closure of Dartmouth hospital, access to GPs or Ambulance response time, it was something most constituents wanted to highlight.
Since being elected, I have taken every opportunity to raise rural healthcare provision and to ensure that those living in Totnes & South Devon get the best possible services.
To date I have:
- Asked several questions in the House about rural healthcare
- Had regular conversations with Torbay and South Devon NHS trust about the provision in Dartmouth
- Written to Torbay and South Devon NHS trust about Totnes Hospital and St Luke’s in Brixham
- Held Zoom meetings with local caring groups and providers to gain their feedback on what improvements the social care system needs
- Met with the Health Secretary and the Minister for Disabled People
- Held meetings with Gavi about vaccination rates