Support for British Gas customers
British Gas has launched a £2 million fund to support people with energy debt. The energy company's most financially vulnerable customers will be contacted in the coming weeks to let them know they can apply for an energy grant from £250.
Find out more here: https://www.centrica.com/winterfund
British Gas customers are invited to call 0800 072 8625 with any queries, or those in financial hardship can call 0800 197 3858.
Both British Gas customers and non-customers can also access the following free support, funded by the British Gas Energy Trust:
• Home energy efficiency assessments.
• Emergency Utility Credit (EUC) Vouchers for customers on pre-payment meters
• Energy efficient measures e.g. radiator reflectors, door/window draught excluders, energy efficient light bulbs, hot water tank covers, double glazing film.
• Emergency heating sources.
• Debt Reduction Order application fee and Bankruptcy application fee payments (and Scottish equivalent).
Find out more here: https://britishgasenergytrust.org.uk/fuel-and-money-advice/
Applications for the Warm Home Discount (offering up to £140 credit on energy bills for those who are eligible) are now open. Find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme
Additional sources of impartial advice and support can be found below:
• Money Advice Service (or call 0800 138 7777)
• National Debtline (or call 0808 808 4000)
• Citizens Advice (or call 0808 223 1133) or Citizens Advice Scotland or Citizens Advice Wales
• My Money Steps (or call 0808 808 4000)
• StepChange Debt Charity (or call 0800 138 1111)